- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Deep Fried Shandong Chicken Recipe
|Chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound (1 Fresh Bird, About 1.25 Kg)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Spring onion||1 , shredded (White Part Only)|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), 4 cloves sliced and rest finely chopped and deep fried|
|Red chili||1 , deseeded and sliced|
|Chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light soya sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|White vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 700 Calories from Fat 392
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.2%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 191.7 mg
Sodium 690.8 mg28.8%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.35 g1.4%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 60 g120.4%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 12.7%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With some salt, rub the inside out of chicken and set it for 30 minutes.
2) In a large pot, boil some water, and put chicken in it. Simmer the chicken for 30 minutes.
3) Drain the chicken, pat dry and hang in an airy place to dryness.
4) Ina wok, heat oil for deep frying.
5) To ensure a crisp texture, make sure the chicken is thoroughly dry.
6) In another wok, heat oil and lower the chicken breast to deep fry it for 5 minutes, on both sides.
7) Remove chicken from oil, drain, chop into bite-sized pieces and arrange on a serving dish deep enough to contain 1 1/2 cups sauce.
8) Remove all the oil, but leave some drops still in, the wok .
9) Add the sauce ingredients and simmer for 2 minutes.
10) Pour over the chicken and garnish with spring onion and fried garlic.
11) Serve hot.