- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Deep-Fried Mussels Recipe
|Mussels||4 1⁄2 Pound (2 Liters, Small Sized)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Milk||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Olive oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Flour||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Parsley||5 Milliliter, roughly chopped (1 Teaspoon)|
|Groundnut oil/Olive oil||9 Fluid Ounce (For Deep Frying, 240 Milliliter)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2746 Calories from Fat 897
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g154.5%
Saturated Fat 20.9 g104.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 803.7 mg
Sodium 6394.2 mg266.4%
Total Carbohydrates 180 g59.9%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 268 g537%
Vitamin A 83.2% Vitamin C 357.7%
Calcium 85.1% Iron 487.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Prepare the batter: in a bowl, mix the egg, milk and 15 ml (1 tbls) olive oil. Season. Add the flour, and mix well with a wooden spoon until smooth. Let stand for 1 hour.
3. Place the mussels in a large saucepan over a high heat. When they open, drain them and remove from their shells.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan.
5. Mix the mussels with the batter. With a spoon, drop them, one at a time, into the hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
6. Serve hot with lemon wedges and parsley.