- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Deep Fried Cod Fish Recipe Video
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cod fillet||4 Ounce|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For the garnish|
|Bun||1 , halved|
|Tartar sauce||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Lettuce leaves||1 Medium|
|Onion rings||1 Small|
|Tomato slices||2 Small|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1079 Calories from Fat 306
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.7%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 212.1 mg
Sodium 1715.5 mg71.5%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g46.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.6%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 45 g89.9%
Vitamin A 80.3% Vitamin C 54.4%
Calcium 45.3% Iron 54.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedDeep frying pan
1. In a bowl combine flour, paprika, pepper, salt, parsley and baking powder, mix and set ¼ cup aside.
2. In the remaining flour pour oil and crack and egg and add the beer, whisk and cover it with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
3. Coat a cod fillet in flour and then in beer batter.
4. In deep pan pour oil and over medium heat, heat up the oil and bring it to a temperature of 375 degree F / 190 degree C.
5. Deep fry the fillet for 4-6 minutes until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel.
6. Cut the buns in half and spread 1 tablespoon of tartar sauce on the bottom layer followed by lettuce leaves, fried cod fish, onion rings, tomato slices and finally another teaspoon of tartar sauce.
7. Serve the deep fried cod fish as a burger with fries.