- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Deep Dish Pizza Luncheon Pie Recipe
|Unbaked 9 inch pastry shell||1|
|Bulk pork sausage||1 Pound|
|Onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||4 Ounce|
|Canned pizza sauce/Tomato sauce||8 Ounce|
|Cheddar cheese slices||3 , cut in half|
Calories 600 Calories from Fat 396
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.4%
Saturated Fat 20.9 g104.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.9 mg
Sodium 817.8 mg34.1%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 24 g47.6%
Vitamin A 19.9% Vitamin C 14%
Calcium 28.7% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven by setting it at 375°.
2) Set oven to 425° and bake the pastry shells for 6-8 minutes after pricking their sides and bottom.
3) Take a wire rack and place the shells on it in order to cool them.
4) Take a pan and add the onion to the sausage and cook them together until the sausage browns.
5) Drain it carefully.
6) Beat a mixture of milk, eggs and seasonings with a light hand.
7) Add the sausage mixture to it and stir it in.
8) Top it with shredded cheese before spooning it into pastry shells.
9) Set the oven at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until the dish is set.
10) Spread some pizza sauce on the pie and add Cheddar cheese slices on top.
11) Bake by placing it in the pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes more or until the cheese wedges melt.
12) Serve hot