- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Deep Dish Orange Peach Pie Recipe
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Orange peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Orange sections||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut up|
|Canned sliced peaches||29 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|9 inch single crust pie pastry||1|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2711 Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.1%
Saturated Fat 17.9 g89.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.1 mg
Sodium 288.3 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 618 g206.1%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g50%
Sugars 487.3 g
Protein 10 g20.4%
Vitamin A 73.6% Vitamin C 44.2%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 31.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Combine together the flour, sugar, orange peel and nutmeg.
3) Mix with the canned peaches and orange sections.
4) Turn the concoction into an 8x8x2-inch baking dish.
5) Dot with the margarine or butter.
6) To make the pastry, roll it into a square, 1/8 inch thick, and cut in a 9-inch square.
7) On top of the orange-peach filling, place the pastry, cutting slits to allow the escape of steam.
8) Crimp the pastry to the baking dish-€™s edges.
9) Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
10) Serve the pie while it is still warm. Makes an delectable dessert.