- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Death by Chocolate Recipe Video
|Chocolate cake mix||1 Box|
|Strong coffee/Kahula||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chocolate pudding cake mix||2 Packet|
|Cool whip||1 Packet|
|Skor bars/Heath bars||5 , chopped finely|
Calories 809 Calories from Fat 249
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.8%
Saturated Fat 19.1 g95.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 952.7 mg39.7%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g40.1%
Dietary Fiber 17.8 g71.3%
Sugars 55.9 g
Protein 31 g61.5%
Vitamin A 35% Vitamin C 35.1%
Calcium 52.4% Iron 22.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare and bake the cake as instructed on the box, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
2. Using fork, poke the cake and then pour either kahula or strong coffee over cake and allow to soak overnight.
3. Prepare the chocolate pudding as instructed on the package and leave to set in the refrigerator.
4. Cut the coffee soaked cake into squares and crumble it.
5. In a large serving bowl, spread a layer of 1/3 of cake crumble.
6. Put the layer of 1/3 of chocolate pudding.
7. Now put a layer of 1/3 of whipped cream.
8. Put a layer of chopped Skor bars.
9. Repeat the layering steps using crumbled cake, chocolate pudding, whipped cream and skor bars, until the bowl is full.
10. Decorate it with some icing or pipe cool whip, sprinkle with grated chocolate or decorate with strawberries if you like.
11.Serve the Death by Chocolate chilled.