- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
De Luxe Salted Peanuts Recipe
|Raw peanuts in shell||1 Pound|
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 0.32 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.3 mg
Sodium 242.3 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 8 g15.3%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.03% Iron 0.01%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Shell the peanuts adding them to a pan
2. Pour boiling water over them and allow them to blanch.
3. Drain well then remove the red skin covering the peanuts.
4. Allow them to dry thoroughly overnight.
5. Preheat the oven to 350° F
6. Place the dried blanched peanuts in a shallow roasting pan or on a baking sheet.
7. Place in the preheated oven, stirring them frequently until they are well browned.
8. Drizzle butter over the roasted nuts and toss them to coat well.
9. Sprinkle salt and toss again.
10. Store them in an air tight container.
11. Serve them warm as a snack or use them in cooking as required