- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dave's Meat Loaf Recipe
|Extra lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Sausage meat||1⁄4 Pound|
|Dark beer||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bread slice||2 , torn into soft crumbs|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Fresh parsley leaves||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Drop|
|Tabasco sauce||2 Drop|
Calories 213 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.4%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.6%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 95.7 mg31.9%
Sodium 720.8 mg30%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.97 g3.9%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 21 g42.8%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 19.8%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, put together beef, sausage meat, beer, egg, bread slices, onions, parsley, seasoning Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce.
2) Mix all together gently shape into a round loaf.
3) Arrange the loaf on a trivet in slow cooker.
4) Put the lid on and simmer for 6 to 8 hours or until well-done because it contains pork.
5) Serve with ketchup or bottled chilli sauce.