- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dave's Ice Cream Sandwich - Summertime Treats Recipe Video
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Banana||1 , sliced into 1-inch pieces|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Pistachios||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), roasted and crushed|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (4 scoops)|
Calories 586 Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g48.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.6 mg16.9%
Sodium 499.3 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g24.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 53.3 g
Protein 12 g24.3%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the bacon into ½ inch pieces and cook in a skillet on medium heat until nice and crispy.
2. Drain the oil and then return the bacon to the pan. Add maple syrup and continue to cook until the bacon and maple syrup is combined and nicely caramelized. Transfer the caramelized pieces onto a plate and set aside.
3. In the same pan, cook the banana and brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved and the bananas are slightly caramelized. Take them off the heat and set aside.
4. Put the pistachios in a small sandwich bag or in a mortar and pestle and pound them until they are nicely crushed.
5. Cut the brownies into medium sized slices. Add a scoop of ice cream on top of the brownie. Put the candied bacon chunks, followed by the bananas over the ice cream.
6. Finally, spoon on the crushed pistachios then finish with another brownie on top to make a sandwich. Gently press down to set.
7. Serve the ice cream sandwich immediately as a whole or cut into half on a dessert plate. Or refrigerate it.