- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dauphine Potatoes Recipe
|Nutmeg||1 , grated|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 863 Calories from Fat 646
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g112.6%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 229.6 mg76.5%
Sodium 122.2 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.9%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 11 g21.1%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 28.8%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel the potatoes.
2. In a saucepan heat salted water and boil potatoes in it until done.
3. Drain out potatoes from water.
4. Put potatoes through potato ricer or food mill.
5. Keep the potatoes aside to cool.
6. In a bowl add 2 1/2 tablespoons butter and egg yolks. Beat well and keep aside.
7. In heavy saucepan add water, 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, and pinch of salt. Bring it to boil.
8. Take off from heat.
9. Stir in flour at once and stir quickly with wooden spoon to make dough.
10. Keep it over low heat and stir constantly to make a big dumpling.
11. Add 1 egg and stir.
12. Take off from heat and keep aside for 5 to 10 minutes to cool.
13. Add 3 eggs, each at a time and beat the dough after each addition.
14. Add potatoes and mix.
15. Season with grated nutmeg and salt.
16. In a pan heat oil for deep-frying.
17. Keep the dough into pastry bag.
18. Make a large round opening and press out dough cutting off 1 1/2-inch-long pieces.
19. Fry dough in oil until golden.
20. Keep on paper towels to dry.
21. Serve immediately.