- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dauphine Potatoes Recipe
|Unseasoned mashed potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs) (1/4 The For Choux Pastry , Hot, Add No Milk Or Cream)|
|Cooking oil/Shortening /lard||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Fat Frying)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1008 Calories from Fat 671
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.8%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 390 mg16.3%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.6%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 9 g17.5%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 49.2%
Calcium 0.4% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, pastry mixture, salt, pepper and nutmeg and beat with a wooden spoon until well blended and smooth.
2. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
3. In a deep fat fryer or a large wok, heat fat over moderately high heat. Insert a deep fat thermometer.
4. Use a small scoop or a round spoon to shape potato mixture into small balls or roll into cylinders of 4 –inch length.
5. Coat them with flour.
6. When fat reaches 375° F drop potatoes, in batches and fry for 2-3 minutes, turning lightly until evenly browned and crispy.
7. Remove on to paper towel lined baking sheet to drain
8. Place in a warm oven set at 250° F while you fry the rest
9. Serve the dauphine potatoes hot and crispy along with your main course.