- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date and Coconut Roll Recipe Video
|Dates||2 Cup (32 tbs), pitted|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated coconut||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mixed nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped or ground (pecans and almonds)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2623 Calories from Fat 902
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g152.2%
Saturated Fat 30.8 g154%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 549.6 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 444 g148.1%
Dietary Fiber 50.8 g203%
Sugars 340.9 g
Protein 47 g93.8%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 12.6%
Calcium 44.2% Iron 47.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop the nuts very finely.
2. Shred the coconut.
3. Wash your hands very well, as you’ll be using them for kneading the ground dates.
4. In a food processor, grind the raisins and dates together to make a smooth paste.
5. In a mixing bowl, add the chopped nuts to the ground raisins and dates. Using your hands, knead the mixture to combine everything uniformly.
6. Make a small ball of the dates mixture. In a plate, spread the shredded coconut and roll the balls onto the coconut.
7. Place the coconut covered date rolls in a plate and cover them, until needed.
8. Serve as a dessert by itself or along with some Vanilla ice cream.