- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date and Nut Bread Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Beer/Ale||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely cut|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3637 Calories from Fat 1038
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g177.4%
Saturated Fat 25.5 g127.7%
Trans Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 3863.9 mg161%
Total Carbohydrates 598 g199.5%
Dietary Fiber 27.8 g111.3%
Sugars 316.4 g
Protein 59 g118.8%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 173.1% Iron 109%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F.
2. Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan well.
3. In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
4. With two knives or pastry blender cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
5. In the center of dry ingredients form a well and add beer and egg.
6. Mix just until all flour mixture is dampened and stir in nuts and dates.
7. Spread the mixture to sides of the greased pan, leaving center slightly hollowed.
8. Bake in the preheated moderate oven for 1 hour.
9. Cool thoroughly, slice and serve with beverages or as snacks.