- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date Torte Recipe
|Sundried dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut up|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
Calories 453 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 164 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.3%
Sugars 39.5 g
Protein 13 g26.3%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 0.4%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F
2. Grease an 8 inch pie dish with oil or unsalted butter.
3. Use a large clean glass bowl.
4. In the bowl, beat egg yolk until light and frothy.
5. Mix in the dates and chopped nuts with a wooden spoon or spatula.
6. Gently stir in the flour. Do not over work the batter.
7. In another clean and dry glass bowl add egg whites and 2 tablespoons of cold water.
8. Beat the egg whites till stiff.
9. Lightly fold the egg whites into the date batter.
10. Transfer the mixture into the greased pie dish.
11. Place the pie dish in a shallow water bath and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the torte is set. Check by inserting a knife in the center of the torte. It should come out clean.
12. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
13. To serve, spoon into deep dessert glasses and top with whipped cream. Garnish with nuts.