- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date Squares Recipe
|Brown sugar||175 Milliliter|
|Rolled oats||250 Milliliter|
|Whole wheat flour||250 Milliliter|
Calories 565 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.5%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.6 mg
Sodium 43 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.3%
Sugars 62.3 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 0.33%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 14.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a medium sized bowl, mix dates, sugar and water, for filling.
2) Microwave at HIGH for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) In a blender or a food processor, puree the mixture.
4) Put in flour and stir.
5) Take a medium sized bowl, using an electric blender, cream butter, sugar and salt together.
6) Add in oats and flour, stir until crumbly.
7) Keep aside 250 mL (1 cup) of base.
8) Take a 21 cm (8 1/2-inch) microwave safe, square dish. Line the remaining base mixture in it.
9) Put the date mixture evenly on top.
10) Top with the reserved base mixture.
11) Microwave at MEDIUM-LOW for 11 to 13 minutes.
12) Let it stand until it is cool.
13) Make slices and serve on plates.