- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date Pudding Recipe
|Self-raising flour||4 Ounce|
|Mixed spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh breadcrumbs||4 Tablespoon (Rounded Tablespoons)|
|Soft brown sugar||2 Tablespoon (Rounded Tablespoons)|
|Dates||4 Ounce, stoned and chopped|
|Golden syrup||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1818 Calories from Fat 751
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g131%
Saturated Fat 48.4 g241.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 608.8 mg202.9%
Sodium 2347.2 mg97.8%
Total Carbohydrates 241 g80.3%
Dietary Fiber 13.7 g54.7%
Sugars 112.4 g
Protein 34 g67.2%
Vitamin A 53.1% Vitamin C 0.9%
Calcium 63.1% Iron 58.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add flour, spice, and salt and sift.
2) Rub in the butter, add in the breadcrumbs, sugar and chopped dates.
3) In another bowl, add eggs with syrup and milk and beat well.
4) Add to the flour and mix till smooth. If the mix is too thick add milk to thin.
5) Transfer to a well-greased basin.
6) Cover with greaseproof paper and foil and pleat the centre.
7) Tie tight and allow to steam for 1 1/2-2 hours.
8) Serve with custard or custard sauce.