- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date Prasad Recipe
|Dates||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cashews||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk powder||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 401 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.5%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.8 mg
Sodium 24.5 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 60.6 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. About "Prasad"- It is a food granted with blessings by the guru or spiritual teacher to those who partake of it.
2. For making this prasad, chop the dates, almonds and cashews.
3. In a large cast-iron frying pan or a large saucepan melt the butter.
4. Put in the honey and dates letting it cook to a mushy consistency.
5. Sieve in the milk powder and stir well.
6. Put in the nuts and stir them in well.
7. Into an 8 x 8 in cake pan press this mixture slicing into squares.
8. Let it cool in your refrigerator for 2 hours, remove from the pan and serve.
9. If the candy cannot come out, in a hot oven place the pan for 1 to 2 minutes.
10. To make a variation, before slicing sprinkle the top of the candy with coconut, pressing it into the mixture so that it sticks.