- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date Nut Loaf Bread Recipe
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2683 Calories from Fat 727
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g123.2%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 222.8 mg74.3%
Sodium 2635.9 mg109.8%
Total Carbohydrates 461 g153.7%
Dietary Fiber 19 g76%
Sugars 161.5 g
Protein 53 g106.5%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 0.59%
Calcium 145.6% Iron 84.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Grease a 9 1/2 - by 5 1/2 - by 3-inch loaf pan.
3. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
4. In another bowl combine egg, milk, corn syrup and corn oil.
5. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and mix just enough to blend. Do not over-mix.
6. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
7. Cool bread about 10 minutes in the pan and and then turn out on rack to cool.