- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date Nut Loaf Recipe
|Brown sugar||500 Milliliter|
|Pastry flour||750 Milliliter|
|Baking powder||15 Milliliter|
|Ground cinnamon||5 Milliliter|
|Ground cloves||3 Milliliter|
|Ground nutmeg||3 Milliliter|
|Pitted chopped dates||500 Milliliter|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 11613 Calories from Fat 3485
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 402 g618.9%
Saturated Fat 151.2 g755.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1383.5 mg
Sodium 1947.3 mg81.1%
Total Carbohydrates 1944 g648.1%
Dietary Fiber 167.9 g671.6%
Sugars 1162.3 g
Protein 182 g363.6%
Vitamin A 146.1% Vitamin C 29.1%
Calcium 260.8% Iron 200.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
2. Take a bowl and add butter into it and cream it well with brown sugar. Add eggs and whip it nicely.
3. Take another bowl and sift the salt, baking powder and pastry flour into it.
4. Blend the dry mixture with cream mixture in thirds with water.
5. Add dates, nuts and raisins.
6. Take a 5 1/2" x 10" (13.75 x 25 cm) loaf pan, line it with waxed paper and spread the mixture over it.
7. Bake it for 2 hours at 300°F (150°C) until the cake tester inserted comes out clean.
8. Cool the cake for about 15 minutes and transfer it to the cooling rack, cool the cake before serving.
9. Serve it as required.