- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date Nut Cookies Recipe
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pitted dates||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4030 Calories from Fat 1282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 148 g227.9%
Saturated Fat 64.2 g320.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 453.4 mg151.1%
Sodium 1812.7 mg75.5%
Total Carbohydrates 658 g219.3%
Dietary Fiber 37.9 g151.6%
Sugars 415.4 g
Protein 52 g103.1%
Vitamin A 62.7% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 47.7% Iron 110.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F
2. Grease baking sheets with fat or oil.
3. In a bowl sift and measure flour.
4. Slice dates and dredge with 2 tablespoons of the flour.
5. In another bowl sift remaining flour with salt, soda and pumpkin pie spice.
6. Cream butter and sugar thoroughly and beat hard adding egg and vanilla.
7. Add flour mixture alternately with milk and stir in dates and pecans.
8. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
9. Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes such that cookies are soft and not too brown.
10. Serve the cookies alongside beverages such as tea or coffee or as snacks.