- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date Nugget Cookies Recipe
|Vegetable shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Dates||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 265 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.7%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.3%
Trans Fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 26.4 mg
Sodium 110.5 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 18.8 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 0.29%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F before baking.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until soft.
3. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and creamy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating continuously until well blended into the creamed mixture.
5. Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
6. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture in batches, beating at low speed to make dough.
7. Mix in the dates, walnuts and vanilla.
8. Turn out on a flour dusted surface and lightly knead.
9. Divide and roll dough into walnut size balls about 1 inch.
10. Arrange them on cookie sheets keeping 2 inch space between each.
11. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until pale golden.
12. Remove from oven and cool cookies slightly on baking sheets then slide them onto wire racks to cool completely.
13. Serve the cookies with tea or coffee or wrap and include in your holiday gift hampers.
Freeze dough in airtight container for up to 1 month, if desired.
Store baked cookies in air tight container in a cool dry place.