- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date Mocha Loaf Recipe
|Dates||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Hot coffee||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 559 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.7%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.4 mg
Sodium 578.9 mg24.1%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.2%
Sugars 62.1 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 17% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF (180°C).
2. Apply butter or margarine on a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix dates, coffee and soda in bowl. Stir to cool.
4. In a second bowl, beat melted butter, egg and sugar. Add in date mixture and stir.
5. In third bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and nuts together. Add to date mixture. Stir to moisten.
6. Transfer into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
7. Check the doneness with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes. Take away from pan to finish cooling on rack.
8. Make slices and serve. Or wrap and store.