- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date Macaroons Recipe
|Sugar in the raw||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Chopped sun dried dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 424 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.8%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 150.6 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g28.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.6%
Sugars 72.3 g
Protein 2 g4.9%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 0.5% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 275°F.
2) Grease a baking tray with baking spray, oil or unsalted butter.
3) Use a large, clean and grease free glass bowl.
4) Add egg whites to bowl and beat using an electric beater until the mixture is stiff and forms soft peaks.
5) Add salt to stiffened egg white and gradually beat in the sugar 3 batches. Do not over beat the egg or it will curdle.
6) Add vanilla extract to the meringue mixture and lightly fold in the desiccated coconut and dates, using a spatula. Do not stir or over mix.
7) Drop leveled tablespoons of the mixture on the greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart from each other.
8) Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes. The cookies may crack slightly.
11) Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool completely before serving.
12) Store the cookies in an air tight jar.