- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date Loaf Candy Recipe
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dates||8 Ounce, chopped (1 Package)|
|Pecans/Walnuts||4 Cup (64 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6798 Calories from Fat 3313
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 395 g607.2%
Saturated Fat 44.1 g220.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.9 mg
Sodium 96.6 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 855 g284.9%
Dietary Fiber 68.1 g272.3%
Sugars 775.7 g
Protein 61 g121.3%
Vitamin A 18.4% Vitamin C 11%
Calcium 71.7% Iron 86.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large saucepan and mix the milk, sugar and dates in it.
2) Cook over medium heat by stirring continuously until the soft ball stage of 234° is reached.
3) Remove the container from the flame and stir in the pecans along with the butter.
4) Divide the mixture into two parts.
5) Place each of the portions on a damp tea towel and fashion each into a log 10 x 2 inches long.
6) Roll each log in the towels and cool for half an hour..
7) Remove the towel, cut into pieces and serve.