- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date Loaf Recipe
|Dates||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), cut up|
|Boiling water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
Calories 462 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.4 mg18.5%
Sodium 559.7 mg23.3%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.5%
Sugars 51.4 g
Protein 7 g13.1%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 0.43%
Calcium 12% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF (180°C).
2. Apply butter or margarine on a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
3. Take a small bowl, add in cut up dates, boiling water and soda. Stir and cool.
4. In a different bowl, beat in egg lightly. Add sugar, salt and vanilla. Mix well. Add in date mixture and stir well.
5. Mix flour and baking powder together then pour into date mixture. Mix.Stir in nuts and melted butter. Mix
6. Transfer into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
7. Check the doneness with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes. Take away from pan to finish cooling on rack.
8. Make slices and serve. Or wrap and store.