- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date Graham Loaf Recipe
|Dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Graham flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 438 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.7%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46 mg15.3%
Sodium 536.9 mg22.4%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g26.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.2%
Sugars 44.3 g
Protein 7 g14.8%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 0.38%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF (180°C).
2. Apply butter or margarine on a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix dates, water and soda. Allow it to cool a bit.
4. In a different bowl, beat egg, butter, sugar and vanilla.
5. Transfer the egg mixture into date mixture and stir.
6. In a third bowl, combine sugar, all purpose flour, Graham flour and walnuts. Mix together well. Transfer into date batter and stir.
7. Transfer into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
8. Check the doneness with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes. Take away from pan to finish cooling on rack.
9. Make slices and serve. Or wrap and store.