- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date Dainties Recipe
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Dates||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), pitted and cut in small pieces|
|Rhubarb sauce||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), drained (Unsweetened)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Powdered sugar||To Taste (As Required)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1878 Calories from Fat 646
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g117.5%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 2396.1 mg99.8%
Total Carbohydrates 282 g94.1%
Dietary Fiber 16.6 g66.2%
Sugars 194.1 g
Protein 39 g77.5%
Vitamin A 12.1% Vitamin C 25.1%
Calcium 65.2% Iron 56.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a bowl, beat the eggs with a rotary beater until thick and pale, then gradually beat in the sugar.
3) In a bowl, sift the dry ingredients together, then stir into the egg mixture.
4) Blend in the remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined.
5) In a greased 8-inch square pan lined with a waxed paper at the bottom, pour and evenly spread the mixture.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
7) Turn out on a wire rack immediately and peel off the waxed paper.
8) Slice into squares and dust with the powdered sugar.
9) Serve immediately or store in an airtight container and serve, when desired.