- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simple Date Cake Recipe
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk/Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1136 Calories from Fat 457
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.7%
Saturated Fat 24.6 g123.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 168.2 mg
Sodium 816.8 mg34%
Total Carbohydrates 162 g54.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 111.1 g
Protein 12 g24.9%
Vitamin A 24.3% Vitamin C 0.1%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 4-cup glass measure, heat the water in the microwave for about 5 to 6 minutes, until boiling.
2) Stir in the dates, sprinkle over the baking soda and allow to cool until just warm.
3) In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter with sugar and eggs.
4) Then stir in the flour, vanilla extract and salt, blend well.
5) In a buttered 2-quart glass ceramic baking dish, pour the flour-date mixture.
6) Cook in the microwave for 9 to 11 minutes and rotate the dish 1/4 turn at an interval of 3 minutes.
7) Allow to rest for 5 minutes then turn out from the baking dish.
8) In 2-cup glass measure, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.
9) Stir in the brown sugar, milk and nuts then blend well and spread over the cake.
10) Place the cake under a conventional broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, until mixture is bubbly.
11) Slice and serve warm on serving plates.