- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Holiday Date Cake Recipe
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sodium bicarbonate||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced chopped dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6749 Calories from Fat 2987
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 337 g517.9%
Saturated Fat 47.3 g236.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 516.1 mg
Sodium 3354 mg139.8%
Total Carbohydrates 849 g283.1%
Dietary Fiber 40.9 g163.5%
Sugars 521.5 g
Protein 93 g185.6%
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 0.1%
Calcium 129.3% Iron 139.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a thick-bottomed pan add the milk and bring to boil, add oil and remove from fire.
3. Stir in the sugar till it dissolves. Now add the caramelized sugar and. chocolate powder
4. Cool and add slightly beaten eggs.
5. Slowly add the flour, stirring well to see that no lumps are formed. Lastly, add the fruit mixed with a little flour and the rum.
6. Heat the oven to 250° F.
7. Wipe the cake tin, rub the bottom and sides with oil. Sprinkle flour with a sieve so that the inside is covered equally. Put in the cake mixture to 3/4 full and bake in a hot oven for 45 minutes.
8. After the cake is well risen, bring the heat down to 200 degrees so that the cake should be well browned on top and also well cooked inside.
9. Cool and turn out on a wire stand.