- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date Balls Recipe
|Softened cream cheese||3 Ounce|
|Powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Snipped dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2181 Calories from Fat 311
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.9%
Saturated Fat 17.5 g87.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.5 mg
Sodium 1253.9 mg52.2%
Total Carbohydrates 465 g155.1%
Dietary Fiber 28.1 g112.5%
Sugars 396.5 g
Protein 24 g48.6%
Vitamin A 22.1% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 36.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl, add in sugar and softened cream cheese. Mix well till the mixture smoothens.
2) Add in the snipped dates and salt. Mix well.
3) Shape the mixture into about 18 balls.
4) On a plate, mix together the wheat germ and cinnamon.
5) Roll the date balls in the wheat germ mixture to get a nice and thick coating.
6) Chill the Date Balls before serving.
7) Serve the Date Balls garnished with slivered almonds, if desired.