- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date And Walnut Tea Bread Recipe
|Polyunsaturated margarine||60 Gram (2 Tablespoons)|
|Caster sugar||125 Gram (1/2 Cup)|
|Egg||60 Gram (1 Large Size)|
|Dates||150 Gram, chopped (1 Cup)|
|Walnuts||60 Gram, chopped (1/2 Cup)|
|Plain flour||185 Gram, sieved (1 1/2 Cup)|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||185 Milliliter, boiling (3/4 Cup)|
|Boiling water||185 Milliliter (3/4 Cup)|
|Lemon glace icing||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Walnuts||3 Tablespoon, chopped (Use As Required)|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Dates||3 Tablespoon, chopped (Use As Required)|
|Chopped dates||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Chocolate||3 Tablespoon, chopped (Use As Required)|
|Chopped chocolate||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Chocolate sprinkles||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Calories 593 Calories from Fat 256
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.3%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg
Sodium 312.9 mg13%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.2%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.8%
Sugars 46.6 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 0.6%
Calcium 4% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients in order, then beat with a wooden spoon for 2-3 minutes or with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes, until mixed.
2) In a greased large, shallow round dish or baking ring mould, spread the mixture evenly.
3) Cook in the microwave for 4 1/2 minutes.
4) Allow the dish or mold to stand on a wire cooling tray for a few minutes, then turn out on the cooling tray to cool down.
5) Ice the teabread with lemon glace' icing and garnish with the chopped walnuts and dates dipped in melted chocolate then with the chocolate sprinkles.
6) Slice and serve on a serving platter.