- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date And Nut Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches Recipe
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Dates||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely diced (Pitted Dates, About 4 Dates)|
|Walnuts||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 Tablespoon, finely grated|
|Thin whole wheat bread slices||16 (Best Quality)|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon (At Room Temperature)|
Calories 287 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.8%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.5 mg
Sodium 330.8 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.2%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 7 g15%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 0.47%
Calcium 10% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, dates, walnuts and carrot together.
2) Spread 1/2 teaspoon butter on one side of each bread slice.
3) Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture over the buttered side of 8 bread slices.
4) Cover with rest of bread slices with buttered side down and trim off the crusts from each sandwich.
5) Halve the sandwiches diagonally and serve immediately.