- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date And Nut Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches Recipe
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Dates||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely diced (Pitted Dates, About 4 Dates)|
|Walnuts||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 Tablespoon, finely grated|
|Whole wheat thin bread slices||16 (Best Quality)|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon (At Room Temperature)|
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.3%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.5 mg
Sodium 372.5 mg15.5%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 8 g16.7%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 0.5%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, dates, walnuts and carrot together.
2) Spread 1/2 teaspoon butter on one side of each bread slice.
3) Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture over the buttered side of 8 bread slices.
4) Cover with rest of bread slices with buttered side down and trim off the crusts from each sandwich.
5) Halve the sandwiches diagonally and serve immediately.