- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking cocoa||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 sticks)|
|Granulated sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), packed|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon, divided (1 teaspoon for cookies and 1 for mousse.)|
|Dark chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||8 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce, melted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7584 Calories from Fat 3797
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 430 g661%
Saturated Fat 261.8 g1309.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1569.6 mg
Sodium 3360.5 mg140%
Total Carbohydrates 880 g293.4%
Dietary Fiber 24.6 g98.5%
Sugars 601.7 g
Protein 62 g123.5%
Vitamin A 122.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 55.5% Iron 153.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the chocolate mousse - first place the heavy whipping cream in the bowl fitted with a mixer, or pour in a bowl and use a hand egg beater.
2. Beat the whipping cream till soft peaks form add in sugar and vanilla, and salt ( don’t over mix) turns to butter if mixed too much.
3. Once mixed and to desired sweetness fold in with a rubber spatula the chocolate. (folding is a method of scooping up and under the whip cream incorporating the chocolate throughout)
4. Chill or freeze till service( chill about 30-40 min in fridge)
5. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F
6. Grease a baking sheet with spray, oil, shortening or line with parchment paper.
7. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
8. In a mixer bowl, combine butter and sugars. Beat using a stand mixer or a hand beater, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
9. Add the eggs and beat on low speed, until they are incorporated. Add vanilla while beating.
10. Add the dry ingredients and beat on low, until you get a smooth batter.
11. Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips, a few at a time.
12. Using a tablespoon, drop the batter on the baking sheet, leaving 2-inch space between each cookie.
13. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
14. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then use a metal spatula to loosen and transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
15. Spread the prepared chocolate mousse on the flat side of one cookie and sandwich with another cookie of the same size and shape.
16. You can serve them as is or you can freeze chill them and serve chilled.