- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dark Chocolate and Raisin Cake Recipe Video
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), soaked in marsala for 60 minutes|
|Dark couverture chocolate||350 Gram, melted|
|Unsalted butter||150 Gram|
|Caster sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Strong espresso||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Self raising flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||4 Medium|
|Egg whites||4 Medium|
|Chantilly cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (made with mascropone)|
Calories 634 Calories from Fat 368
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.5%
Saturated Fat 25.4 g127.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 177.8 mg
Sodium 140.8 mg5.9%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 43.6 g
Protein 7 g13.8%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 0.43%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 26.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a spring-foam baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
3. Soak raisins in marsala wine and prepare the Chantilly cream with the mascarpone cheese.
4. In a saucepan, add together melted chocolate, butter, espresso and sugar.
5. Place the saucepan on stove top and heat the chocolate mixture stirring continuously until sugar melts.
6. Once all the ingredients are melted and mixed turn down the heat and leave the saucepan on stove for 5 minutes.
7. Add sifted flour and cocoa into the chocolate mixture, and raisins along with the soaking liquid and mix well.
8. While still mixing, add egg yolks 1 at a time and mix well.
9. In a bowl, place the egg whites and whisk until stiff.
10. Add the whisked egg whites 1/3 at a time in the chocolate mixture mixture folding gently, until well mixed.
11. Pour the chocolate mixture into the cake tin and bake in a preheated oven for 60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
12. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
13. When cooled remove the cake from the pan.
14. Cut into desired sized wedges and serve with Chantilly cream on side.