- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Danish Roast Goose Recipe
|Apples||4 (Greenings Or Other Tart)|
|Goose||1 Pound (Ready To Cook)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2072 Calories from Fat 1385
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 154 g236.4%
Saturated Fat 44.6 g222.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 362.9 mg121%
Sodium 725.3 mg30.2%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.4%
Dietary Fiber 16.7 g66.7%
Sugars 74.5 g
Protein 74 g148.4%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 78.1%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 68.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Soak the prunes two hours or longer, drain and remove the pits. Peel, core and slice the apples. Mix the fruits and sweeten to taste.
3. Preheat oven to moderate (325° F.).
4. Sprinkle the goose inside with salt and fill its cavities with the fruits. Truss as directed on tying the legs loosely to the tail.
5. Place the goose, breast up, on a rack in an open roasting pan and roast until the leg joints move easily and the flesh is soft. Remove the fat from the pan as it is extracted.
6. Make a gravy from the drippings in the pan. Danish cooks sometimes finish off the gravy for roast goose by stirring in a little tart currant jelly.