- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ebelskivers-How to cook Danish pancakes Recipe Video
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 Large, separated|
|Whole milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon, divided (melted and slightly cooled)|
|Chocolate chips||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 348 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.6%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143.6 mg
Sodium 258.6 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 13.1% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. In a small bowl, lightly whisk the egg yolks, then whisk in the milk and 2 tbsp. melted butter.
3. Add in the yolk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until well blended.
4. In a clean bowl, add in the egg white and beat it using an electric mixer on high speed. Beat the egg whites until stiff, peaks form.
5. Using a silicone spatula, stir one-third of the egg whites into the batter to lighten in, fold in the rest just until no white streaks remain. Use the batter right away.
6. Heat an ebelskiver pan over medium-high heat and brush each hollow with a little melted butter.
7. Put 1 tablespoon of batter in each hollow and add in the chocolate chips. Top with a little more batter and cook for a minute or two.
8. Using chopsticks quickly turn the pancakes and cook for a minute or two on the second side.
9. Transfer Danish pancakes to a plate and top with powdered sugar or syrup. Serve and enjoy!