- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Danish Dumplings Recipe
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
Calories 195 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.7%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136 mg45.3%
Sodium 198.2 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.55 g2.2%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 15.8% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, combine together the water and the butter or margarine; bring the mixture to boil.
2. Add the baking powder, flour, and salt all at once, stirring continuously to avoid forming lumps.
3. Cook till the mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate, stirring vigorously; remove from heat and cool it slightly.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition till mixture is smooth.
5. Drop dumpling dough from a tablespoon to make 12 mounds atop bubbling soup or stew; stir in the parsley to the mixture.
6. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes but do not lift the cover.
7. Arrange the dumplings in a large serving platter and serve hot with a dipping sauce.