- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Danish Coffee Ring Recipe
|Dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105° To 115°)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), scalded|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toasted slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3319 Calories from Fat 1062
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g182.7%
Saturated Fat 34.6 g172.9%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 287.3 mg
Sodium 1140 mg47.5%
Total Carbohydrates 512 g170.6%
Dietary Fiber 25.5 g101.8%
Sugars 189.4 g
Protein 67 g133.5%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 14.7%
Calcium 47.3% Iron 133%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside.
2) Mix sugar, salt, milk, and shortening, stir, and cool to 105-115 degree.
3) Combine milk mixture with 1 cup flour, egg, vanilla, and lemon peel and whisk until smooth.
4) Mix yeast mixture and add the remaining flour to make a soft dough.
5) Knead dough until it turns smooth and elastic in texture.
6) Take a greased bowl, place the dough in it, cover, keep in a warm place at 85 degree, and let it rise until double in bulk.
7) Cover the dough and leave it to rest for 10 minutes.
8) Roll out dough into 21- x 7-inch rectangle and brush butter evenly over dough, leaving 1-inch margin.
9) Combine raisin, cinnamon, almonds, 1/3 cup sugar and sprinkle the mixture over the dough leaving a 1-inch margin.
10) Roll up dough, pinching the edges to seal in jellyroll fashion, beginning at long side.
11) Take greased cookie sheet, place the roll on it, shape into a ring, and pinch ends together to seal.
12) With kitchen shears make small incisions in the dough every inch around the ring.
13) Gently turn each piece dough on its side so that each slice slightly overlap each other.
14) Cover it, leave in a warm place at 85 degree so that it rise double the bulk.
15) Bake at 375 degree F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
16) Drizzle with glaze and serve.