- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Danish Beer And Bread Soup Ollebrod Recipe
|Rye breads/Pumpernickel||1⁄2 Pound, torn in pieces (Dark Danish)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Beer||12 Ounce (1 Can Or Bottle)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , grated peel|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream/Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Serve)|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (To Serve)|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon (To Serve)|
Calories 464 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.1%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.1 mg
Sodium 484.4 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g17%
Sugars 39 g
Protein 7 g14.8%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 12.6%
Calcium 18.4% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, place the rye bread and add water and beer to it. Let soak overnight.
2. In the morning, add the soaked bread to a food processor or blender and process into a smooth thick puree.
3. Turn into a saucepan and add lemon peel and juice and cinnamon.
4. Place the pan on a low flame and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the mixture resembles grits.
5. Ladle into warm cereal bowls and serve piping hot.
6. This is usually topped with cream or milk sweetened and flavored with sugar and cinnamon.