- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Danish Apple Bars Recipe
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg white||1 , beaten stiff|
|Cornflakes||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed|
|Crushed cornflakes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4480 Calories from Fat 1906
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 216 g331.9%
Saturated Fat 54.6 g272.8%
Trans Fat 27 g
Cholesterol 191.1 mg
Sodium 2349.9 mg97.9%
Total Carbohydrates 616 g205.2%
Dietary Fiber 39.5 g158.1%
Sugars 301 g
Protein 46 g91.5%
Vitamin A 31.5% Vitamin C 85.3%
Calcium 34.6% Iron 165.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Sift the salt and flour together.
3) Add the shortening and mix well.
4) Mix together the egg yolk and milk to make 2/3 cup of the mixture.
5) Add to the flour mixture. Stir properly.
6) Divide the batter in half and roll out to fit a 15x9-inches cookie sheet.
7) Bring the pastry up over the sheetâ€™s sides.
8) Sprinkle the cornflakes all over.
9) Cut the apples and spread the slices over the cornflakes along with the sugar and cinnamon.
10) Cover with the remainder of the pastry.
12) Beat the egg white and spread it over the pastryâ€™s top.
13) Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, till the apples are tender.
14) While the pastry is still warm, ice with 1 cup of icing sugar, Â½ teaspoon of almond flavoring and water.
15) Cut into bars and serve as a sweet treat at a party.