- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Danish Appetizer Meat Balls Recipe
|Ground beef||3⁄4 Pound (1 Package)|
|Ground pork||1⁄4 Pound|
|Onion||1 Small, grated|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon (1 Package)|
|Marjoram||1⁄8 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Garnish)|
|Vegetable shortening||3 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Condensed beef consomme||10 1⁄2 Ounce|
Calories 178 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.5%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 63 mg
Sodium 421.5 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium-size bowl combine ground beef and pork with onion, bread crumbs, seasonings, eggs and milk by mixing lightly with a fork and shape into 48 small balls.
2. In a large frying pan brown the balls in the shortening a few at a time.
3. From the pan drain off all the fat and return the meat balls.
4. Pour over consommé and simmer with cover for 15 minutes such that cooked through.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove the meat balls and keep hot.
6. Take a chafing dish or heated serving bowl pile meat balls
7. Pour sauce Piquante or any tomato based sauce over them if desired or serve separately with a garnish of frond of fresh dill.