- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dal Roti Recipe Video
|Wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bread flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Gram flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dal||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Coriander leaves||6 Small|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (use as per taste)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Red chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked (Optional)|
Calories 586 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1020.1 mg42.5%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.3 g57.3%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 26 g52.8%
Vitamin A 29.5% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 26.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a salad bowl add the wheat flour, bread flour, gram flour dal, chopped coriander, palak or spinach(if available) and cumin seeds.
2. Add oil, salt and chili powder and mix well.
3. Knead well without adding extra water to form a smooth dough.
4. Leave it for an hour or 30 minutes covering with a damp cloth.
5. Make round balls out of them and roll on a clean flour-dusted working surface.
6. Heat a roasting pan, drizzle some olive oil and place the roti on it.
7. Cook dabbing it over with cloth so that the roti is cooked and crispy on both sides.
8. Make more rotis the similar way.
9. Serve with cauliflower curry and flavored yogurt.