- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Dak Galbi (닭갈비) Recipe Video
|Green onions||2 Medium, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slice into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into 2-inch pieces|
|Sweet potato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced, halved|
|Rice cakes||10 Medium|
|Sesame leaves||6 Medium (Folded into half, de-stemmed and cut into 1-inch strips)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon (For garnishing)|
|Chicken breast boneless||9 Ounce, cut into bite size pieces|
|Cooking wine/Water||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Red pepper powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Minced garlic||2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Cooking wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 585 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.7%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74 mg
Sodium 1204.3 mg50.2%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.2 g52.6%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 40 g80%
Vitamin A 129% Vitamin C 114.2%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 28.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a bowl, add the chicken, cooking wine, minced garlic, black pepper and mix well.
2. In a small bowl combine red pepper powder, curry powder, sugar, red pepper paste, minced garlic, minced ginger, soy sauce, cooking wine and black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
3. Add 2 spoons of sauce into the chicken bowl and mix well. Leave some sauce for later.
4. In a heated pan add olive oil and sesame oil. Add the cabbage, sweet potato, onion and the rice cakes. And add the chicken on top of all the vegetables. Add some water.
5. When it starts to boil, add the left over sauce into it. Fry till the chicken is almost cooked and add the green onions and the sesame leaves and fry till the ingredients are completely cooked and the rice cakes are soft. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top to garnish.
6. Serve warm with your favorite sauces and vegetables on the side.