- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dairy Free Presidential French Toast Recipe
|Orange juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Grand marnier||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk substitute||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White bread slices||8 (3/4-Inch Slices)|
Calories 338 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.6%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 317.2 mg
Sodium 461.6 mg19.2%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.96 g3.9%
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 13 g25.4%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 34.4%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, milk substitute, sugar, vanilla, salt and liqueur together.
2) Gently soak each bread slice into the egg mixure.
3) In a baking dish, arrange a single layer of the slices and pour rest of the egg mixure on top.
4) Cover and place overnight in the refrigerator.
5) In a large frying pan, melt the margarine and cook the slices on both sides until golden.
6) Slice and serve immediately on individual serving plates.