- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dairy Free Peppermint Frosting Recipe
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Peppermint extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green food coloring||2 Drop|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1163 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.52 g0.79%
Saturated Fat 0 g0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1386.6 mg57.8%
Total Carbohydrates 253 g84.4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g0.01%
Sugars 123 g
Protein 47 g94.1%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 7.1% Iron 0.83%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, blend the cream of tartar, egg whites and salt together at high speed until soft peaks form.
2) Slowly beat in the sugar until the mixture is glossy.
3) Then gradually beat in the vanilla and corn syrup.
4) Add the peppermint extract and blend well to mix.
5) Beat the mixture for about 6 minutes until stiff peaks are formed
6) Stir in the green food coloring, blend well.
7) Use the frosting to frost a layer cake.