- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dairy Free Orange Nut Bread Recipe
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk free margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
Calories 318 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg
Sodium 338.5 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 18.8 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 17.2%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Combine together the sugar, baking powder, flour and salt.
3) Combine together the margarine, eggs and orange juice in a small bowl. Add the mixture to the dry ingredients.
4) Mix the concoction well and pour it into a greased loaf pan of 1-quart.
5) Allow the mixture to stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
6) Sprinkle nuts all over the top and bake in preheated oven for about 60 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center emerges completely clean.
7) Serve as preferred.