- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dairy Free Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Hot water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Milk free margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|9 inch pie crust||1 (Plain / Graham Cracker)|
Calories 346 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.3 mg
Sodium 148.5 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.66 g2.7%
Sugars 31.7 g
Protein 4 g7.7%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 9.1%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, flour and sugar and stir over a medium heat.
3) Gradually pour in hot water, stirring continuously until boiling.
4) Lower the heat, cook for another 5-6 minutes, keep aside.
5) Slightly beat the egg yolks and stir in a little hot mixture.
6) Return to the saucepan and allow to boil.
7) Stir in the lemon peel and margarine, blend well.
8) Gradually stir in the lemon juice, mix well and pour into the pie shell.
9) Spread over the meringue on top .
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until the meringue is lightly browned.
11) Slice and serve on individual serving plates.