- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dairy Free Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk free margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Cocoa powder||6 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chocolate liqueur/Rum||1 Tablespoon|
|9 inch graham cracker crust||1|
Calories 247 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.6%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.3 mg
Sodium 91 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 19.8 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.7% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Stir the gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water and keep aside.
2) In a bowl, beat the egg yolks until thick, then beat in the vanilla and sugar.
3) In a small pan, melt the margarine over a low heat, then stir in 1/2 cup water and cocoa powder, blend well.
4) Stir in the softened gelatin until dissolved.
5) Beat the chocolate mixture into the egg yolks.
6) Stir in the liqueur and refrigerate until almost firm.
7) Beat the egg whites until thick, stir in 1/2 cup sugar, until stiff.
8) Fold a little egg white into the chocolate mixture. Then gradually fold the chocolate mixture into the egg whites.
9) In a 9-inch graham cracker crust, pour the chocolate mixture and chill until set.
10) Slice and serve on individual serving plates.