- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dairy Free Carrot Pudding Recipe
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (free margarine)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||3 Cup (48 tbs), grated|
Calories 215 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.1%
Saturated Fat 0.91 g4.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.7 mg
Sodium 418.1 mg17.4%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 22 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 162.6% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, cream the sugar and margarine together.
3) Stir in the flour, egg yolks, water, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder, blend well.
4) Then blend in the grated carrots, mix well.
5) In a large bowl, stiffly beat the egg whites and gently fold in the carrot mixture.
6) In a 9-inch square pan, pour the mixture.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
8) Serve immediately in individual custard cups.