- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dah's Browning Recipe
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.5%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 67.4 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.2% Iron 0.04%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet over high heat and wait until it gets very hot.
2) Add sugar to the hot skillet and continue stirring until the sugar gets dark brown.
3) Slowly and carefully pour in boiling water to the skillet.
4) With a log-hadled spoon, continue stirring the liquid so that the sugar gets dissolved.
5) Use the liquid by couple of teaspoons to darken the color of gravies, sauces, and soups.
Store this in a bottle for indefinite time to use in future.